E-Newsletter for October 2017
- News from the Clubhouse
- Men’s Club
- Golf Tips
The Glowball Event is On!
We’ll be holding our Glowball Event this Saturday, Oct 21st. We still have space if you are interested in joining us. Register here or call (661) 946-1080.
Check in is 2:30, Tee-off at 3:30. Play nine holes in the afternoon, enjoy dinner and participate in our popular raffle, then play the back nine in the dark with glowballs. No handicap needed. Signup as a group or we’ll put you in one.
25% off Green Fees between 12-2 Extended!
Due to popular demand, 25% off green fees between 12-2 will be extended through November. Come out and enjoy this great deal for another month!
Perfect for that Special Golfer
Don’t know what to get that special golfer in your life? How about Rancho Sierra gift cards, which can be used on anything at Rancho SierraGolf Course? Use them just like a prepaid debit card, they can be recharged for any amount.
Book Your Next Tee Time ONLINE
Our new online reservation system has been up and running for a while now. It’s a fast and simple way of scheduling your tee time 24/7. Book two months out in advance for golf or footgolf, regular or senior, twilight or nine holes plus, we can handle it all! No credit card required, simply schedule your tee time online and pay at the course 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time.
Thanks to all who have reached out with questions/comments. Please continue to do so by filling out a suggestion card in the clubhouse, or sending us feedback via your digital receipt.
Thank you for your support! And please let us know if there is anything we can do to help improve your experience at Rancho Sierra.
News from the Clubhouse
Here comes the fall weather and there it goes it never hangs around for us to really enjoy the cool no wind days. The nights are getting darker by 6:45 and the mornings aren’t light until 6:45 day light savings ends Nov 5th our mornings will get lighter but much colder as we set the clocks back.
We have our “Oct” special going from 12:00 until 2:00 then twilight starts at 2:00 25% off green fee, cart not included. Stop in and eat we after you play or before and even during, we have hot dogs, polish dogs and on the weekends a crock pot full of chili cooking, along with a full variety of beers and sodas. Not in the mood for a meal there are all kinds of snacks available to take out on the course. Need tees, balls, ball markers shirts, hats and gloves come in next time you’re out here and look around, don’t see what you are looking for ask us and we will try and get it for you.
Please call or make a tee time, you can do this up to 2 months in advance. Our hours will be changing starting November 5th day light savings ends so we will open at 7:00am and close at 6:00pm.
You can practice putting and chipping at our putting green next to tee box 8 or go to the range which for some the range would be a great starting point to the game. Speaking of the range we have Range Cards $49.95 for 30 days of unlimited use of the range. You can choose any size bucket, spend the day if you want a lot of practice or drop in once or twice a week. Practice is good “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated”
We have a Men’s Club that play Tuesday, Thursday and Sun all start at 8:00am come out and play as a guest with them to see if you would like to join. Arrive at least ½ hour early, they play a variety of games and have quite a few members.
Anyone out there who like to get a tournament together for Thanksgiving now is the time to start getting your info together along with signing up friends, family or people you work with. We will help you with setting up the tournament. We try and keep everyone updated on any tournaments we may be hosting at the course. For info call the pro shop and they will give you the times and days if we have any scheduled. Don’t want golf try our foot golf for a fun time and you can also set up a tournament.
If you’re in a group of 5 (6 some never) which is up to the discretion of the starter you must let faster players to go through unless the course is so full there is no room or empty tee boxes. Remember everyone wants to finish their round and not have to wait and wait or have a round of 9 holes take forever.
We are looking for new fun photos for our instagram account. If you or anyone you know has great photos of you on the course. (Or pics of just the course itself) We want to share them on our instagram! Please follow us on https://www.instagram.com/ranchosierragolf/ If we post one of your photos you will be entered for a chance to win a free round of golf.
Our glowball tournament is right around the corner! You can purchase an entry directly on FB by clicking here.
Mens Club News
Congratulations to Paul Romer and Red Tona who each won their flight in the Golfer of the Year Tournament on October 1.
Congratulations to all of our Golfers of the Month who qualified:
The Mens Club is hosting another tournament to thank all of those for their military service. On Saturday, November 11, Veterans Day, we will have another RED, WHITE, AND BLUE tournament! You will play six holes from the RED tees, six from the WHITE tees, and six from the BLUE tees! This tournament is open to ALL GOLFERS! ( Members, Non-members, male, female, with a Handicap, without a Handicap) Golfers will divided into flights by handicap. Those without a handicap will be in a separate flight using the Modified Peoria Handicap system. ( Don’t worry! We’ll calculate it for you.) Check-in begins at 7:15, Pre-Match meeting and tee assignments at 7:45 and a Shotgun Start at 8:00.
Here is a flyer on the event:
The Ten Golden Rules of Golf
- Play the ball as it lies.
- Don’t move, bend, or break anything growing or fixed, except in fairly taking your stance or swing. Don’t press anything down.
- You may lift natural objects not fixed or growing, except in a water hazard or bunker. No penalty.
- Movable man-made objects may be moved. For immovable objects, you may take relief by dropping away from them within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, no nearer the hole, except in a water hazard or if the object defines out of bounds. In a bunker, you must drop in the bunker. No penalty.
- You may take relief from casual water, ground under repair, burrowing animal holes or casts, anywhere except in a water hazard. On the putting green, place at the nearest point of relief, no nearer the hole; otherwise drop within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, no nearer the hole. In a bunker, you must drop in the bunker. No penalty.
- In a water hazard or bunker, don’t touch the water or ground with your hand or club before the stroke.
- If you hit your ball into a water hazard and cannot find or play it, either drop behind the point where the ball last crossed the hazard margin or at the place where you played the shot. On the tee, you may tee the ball. One penalty stroke. If you hit into a lateral hazard, you may also drop within two club-lengths of the point where the ball last crossed the hazard margin, or, within two club-lengths of a point equidistant from the hole on the opposite margin. One penalty stroke.
- When you hit your ball out of bounds or cannot find it after 5 minutes of searching, add a penalty stroke, go back and drop a ball at the place where you played the shot. On the tee, you may tee the ball. If you think you have hit your ball out of bounds or lost it outside a water hazard, play a provisional ball before searching for the first one.
- When you have an unplayable lie, you may drop a ball at the place where you played the previous shot, adding a penalty stroke. On the tee, you may tee the ball. Alternatively, drop within two club-lengths, no nearer the hole, or any distance behind the unplayable spot, keeping it between you and the hole. If the ball is in a bunker, you must drop in the bunker, under either of the alternative options. If you can’t play your ball that is in a water hazard, see Golden Rule #7.
- You may repair ball marks and old hole plugs on the putting green that are on the line of your putt, but not spike marks.